Open your hearts… Open your minds… To open doors.
Our Own Home's mission is to provide life enriching opportunities for those we serve as we support them to achieve their goals for housing, community activities, education, employment and independence.
Individuals live in a supportive environment that stresses health and safety and offers ample opportunities to build effective, meaningful relationships.
- Affordable Housing for individuals in need of personal growth and recovery
- Residential Habilitation Services for individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
Individuals build independence and gain or regain skills to thrive at home, in the community or in school. Individuals achieve insight on community resources and activities that include educational, social and employment experiences.
Specific Services Include:
- Community Support Services
- Behavioral Consultation
- Include Me from the Start school-based supports
- Discovery Customized Support Services including Supported and Transitional Employment, as well as Job finding Services
Our services are built upon the specific needs of each person regardless of where they live, their race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, diagnosis or the intensity of their support. We offer a team approach where each new member becomes a part of "Our Own Family" from the onset of services throughout their life span.
Our Own Home measures its success with each story of member achievement. No goal is too small and no dream is too big. We believe that everyone can thrive in the community they choose.
Support Our Own Home
We need your help to develop housing options. Your donation of money or time will help support housing for people who suffer from a mental illness. Make a secure donation via the Just Give website.